The mission of the Coastal Area Health
Education Center is to improve the health of all citizens of
Southeastern North Carolina by being a leader in providing education,
clinical training, and information resources for health and human
To accomplish its mission, Coastal AHEC
- Improve the recruitment, retention,
diversity, and distribution of health care personnel.
- Improve access and availability of
needed clinical services for underserved populations.
- Utilize emerging technologies to
disseminate health information and link practitioners with needed
- Provide health professions residents
and students with educational and clinical primary care training
- Provide continuing education,
consultation-technical assistance, and research services to enhance
the practice environment for health care professionals.
- Serve as a bridge between academic
institutions, health care agencies, and other organizations
committed to improving health care.